1. General Information
· Program’s name: “Metfone Scholarship”
· Purpose/Aims: Granting scholarship to the poor students who have excellent studying results of schools in the “Internet to Schools” program sponsored by Metfone.
· Beneficiaries: For poor students who have excellent studying results.
· Quantity: each school can choose 01 student to receive Metfone scholarship for 2 school years, total value of each scholarship/student is 240USD.
· Scope: in Cambodia nation wide
· Cooperation party: Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Provincal Office of Education and Metfone.
· Implementing method: Metfone cooperate with Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to make announcement about the Metfone Scholarhip program and send guidelines, forms to Provincal Office of Education and Metfone branch in all provinces to select and granting scholarship to students in accordance with the guidelines.
2. Meaning of Program
· Metfone scholarship is a part of the “Internet to School” program aiming at helping the poor students who have great efforts to achieve excellent studying results. The “Internet to School” and “Metfone scholarship” programs are the contribution of Metfone to develop the future generation of Cambodia.
· Metfone is a Cambodian network with the core philosophy: Do business together with social responsibility. Metfone is only on behalf of valued customers to do humanitarian programs. Each Cambodian using Metfone’s services means that you are contributing to bring the chance to study and a brighter future for children.
3. How to join?
All the public schools in the list that MoEYS send to Metfone shall be deployed during the period of the project.