International Roaming Service (IRS/Roaming) is a service that allows Metfone’s subscribers to keep in touch when they are abroad by using their own SIM cards and numbers.
For the benefit of customers, Metfone has established roaming relationship with over 400 mobile service providers in 200 countries all over the world to offer convenient communication conditions for Metfone’s subscribers when travelling around the world.
The benefits when using roaming services:
- Always keep in touch: (Being able to make call/receive calls, send/receive SMS, using GPRS / EDGE and other utilities…) by using your own number as usual while travelling abroad.
- Convenient and easy to use: While your mobile switched on, your SIM card will be automatically connected to the mobile networks which already had roaming relationship with Metfone.
1. Registration and termination
- Register: Message “ ON ” to 131
- Terminate: Message “ OFF ” to 131
- Registering Fee: Free
- 2 way active subscriber
- Basic balance equal or exceed to USD 2
|Cases||How to dial|
|Local calls in roaming countries||Area Code + Phone number|
|Call for a fixed number of Cambodia||Dial +/00 + 855 +Phone Number
For Example: to call 22666666 in PNP, you should dial +85522666666 or 0085522666666
|Call for other Cambodia mobile subscribers (currently in Cambodia or is roaming)|| Dial +/00 + 855 +Phone Number
For Example: to call 976666666 in PP, you should dial +855976666666 or 00855976666666
|International Calls||Dial ”+” – Country Code – Area Code – Phone Number|
|Send SMS||"+"/00 + Country Code + Phone Number|
Note: Phone number of Metfone Customer Care Centre: +855979097097
How to check and refill balance account
How to check Balance: Type: * 097# send
How to refill acount: Type: * 197* card number # send
Start from 24 September 2012, Metfone will provide NEW SIM card to enjoy roaming service: over 200 countries worldwide/400 mobile networks (typical impression)
METFONE’s special SIM card
GET READY TO USE
- Prepaid subscriber: Compose ON and send to 131 (registration fee: 0.5 USD/SMS)
(*) The SIM will be FREE delivered while the SIM in use work well. Otherwise, the exchange of new SIM will be charged as current regulation.
Why change SIM
How to roam abroad
- When you cannot use roaming service, please restart the handset and waiting for a few minute.
- Selecting network manually by access to Menu/Settings or network depending on different type of handset.
||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4|
|Countries||Viettel/Vietnam; Unitel/ Laos||
Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Macau, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos
|The rest of Asia, Europe, Africa||Australasia and America continent|
|Local call||USD 0.15/min||USD 1/ min||USD 1/ min||USD 1.5/min|
|Call to Cambodia (Vietnam/Laos)||USD 0.15/min||USD 2.5/min||USD 4/min||USD 4.5/ min|
|International call||USD 1.20/ min||USD3/min||USD 5/min||USD 5/min|
|Receiving call||USD 0.10/ min||USD 1/ min||USD 1.5/ min||USD 1.5/min|
| Send SMS
||USD 0.10 /sms|